WorldStrides is dedicated to providing all students with the opportunity to expand their global exposure. To support this vision, we make over $1 million in funding available each year for students seeking educational travel opportunities. Through a partnership with the Foundation for International Education, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, we will offer International Financial Assistance (IFA) program scholarships for students registered for WorldStrides university programs in the current and subsequent calendar year.
Applications are distributed by our IFA Scholarship Team. To determine what scholarship you may pre-qualify for and receive your customized application, contact WorldStrides at 1-800-422-2368 or IFA@worldstrides.org.
The International Financial Assistance (IFA) application process is completely confidential. Please contact our IFA Scholarship team if you meet the following conditions:
- Registered via WorldStrides’ online portal for a travel program operated by WorldStrides in the current or subsequent calendar year
- Currently enrolled at an accredited school of higher education
- Financial need, as demonstrated by receiving sources of financial aid totaling at least 50% of yearly tuition
- Completes and returns the enclosed application and supporting documents within two weeks of receipt
You will need to complete and submit the following materials in your application for a IFA Scholarship:
- Completed IFA Scholarship Application and Student Statement
- Supporting documents about your current level of annual financial aid (see application for details)
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The IFA Scholarship is subject to verification of financial need, the student remaining in good academic standing, and the student attending the program for which they are registered. Only a limited number of scholarships are available each year and are awarded based on eligibility and on a first-come, first-served basis until all available scholarships have been awarded. Amount of award will be defined by the order in which the application, including financial need verification, is received. Award amounts identified over the phone are thus provisional until the award is made following receipt of your completed application. Your final payment total will be updated to reflect your scholarship either 60 days before departure or at your final payment deadline, whichever occurs first. WorldStrides reserves the right to suspend the program at any time. Students and parents are not entitled to any cash amount under any circumstances, including if the scholarship is not used.
For more information, contact WorldStrides at 1-800-422-2368 or IFA@worldstrides.org.